Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spenzer Joseph

So I am EXTREMELY slow at blogging but I think having a new born is a great excuse. So I am a mom of the most adorable little boy I have ever seen. He came to us on Sept. 2 at 10:07 p.m. after my water broke at 5 am with no contractions. I was put on PIT after 5 hours and nothing. At 2pm I was dilated to a 7 and that is where I stayed. At 8:30 they said I should start thinking about a c-section. Joe and I prayed about it and decided that we would do what the doctor thought would be the best. At 9:30 they prepped me and took me to the operating room. Joe was so amazing through the whole day especially when I started freaking out about a c-section. He held my hand the whole time as he watched them cut me open and pull out the baby and sew me back up. I heard Spenzer cry and then they took him into the nursery. I didn't get to see him before. The doctor held him up but I only saw the bottom half of him. As they were sewing me up we were waiting for them to tell us his weight and length, but they never did. They took me to my room and Joe went and checked on our baby. After several minutes he came back and told me that Spenzer was having some breathing problems and he was on oxygen, but doing ok. Later I found out that some breathing problems was almost having to put a breathing tube down his throat because he wouldn't breath. The Respiratory Therapist told us that Spenzer turned around faster than he has ever seen a baby do. He went from needing a tube to only needing oxygen for a couple hours. Prayers were being said for my little guy. So Joe brought me pictures when he came back to the room but I didn't get to see him until 4am, 6 hours after he was born. Lets just say I wasn't resting very well because I was worried about my little man and I wanted to see him, but I couldn't get in a wheel chair yet and he couldn't leave the NICU. When I finally did get to see him I had the hardest time putting him down or letting Joe hold him. I was so in love and that love just grows each time I look at him. We had to stay in the hospital until Monday afternoon. When we got home Joe went and bought a recliner so I could be more comfortable recovering.

Life as a mother has been the most wonderful most tiring thing I have ever done. Joe was able to be home until Saturday. When he left I just wanted to cry. In fact I think I did. Joe has been able to be here every couple days which has been nice even if only for a couple hours.

Okay enough reading a boring story, here are some pictures of my adorable son. I don't have many recent ones because I take them with my phone and I haven't transferred them.

ENJOY!!!










4 comments:

Diana said...

You were right! He is adorable!! I just found out we are having a boy so you will have to prepare me for all of it because I was totally shocked. I didn't think Gray and I were capable of producing a boy with all the women in both our families...hahaha

The Brandleys said...

So cute! Love all his hair!

Rooneys said...

love reading the story and getting even more info.your little boy is soooo cute! I was thinking he looks a ton like Joe but does he have your eyes?? well he is cute.. hope you are doing well and your healing better and getting as much sleep as you can! one day you will have two and you will get less sleep so sleep all you can now! talk to you soon!

The Riddle Family said...

How are you and Spenzer doing now? I looked at your post a long time ago but never posted a comment. I am so excited for you to be a mom! Spenzer is adorable!