Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life as I know it...

Well this summer so far has been pretty slow
I have read the following books:
White Out
Pursued
Lemon Tart
A Life of my Own
Broken
Shelter from the Storm
Bones of Betrayal
Before the Dawn
Into the Sun
The Topaz
and I am sure there are others.

I have worked in my garden and have been rewarded for my efforts and my lack there of with weeds from being gone 3 weeks. Here are some pictures.

My potatoes are looking really good


My tomato plants could use some help but they are starting to blume


My pea plants are doing good, anyone want some peas this fall


My zucchini plants, you can come for some of those this fall too


My carrots starting to come up


The garden a a whole, as you can see there are A LOT of weeds... it will take lots of work to get them up

Now the productive part of my week. Yesterday I made caramel popcorn for a friends family reunion. It was really good and I wish I had more.


And the big finish....
I MADE HOMEMADE JAM!!!!!

My friend Abby taught me how and we made 10 1/2 jars of Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. It was lots of fun and I can't wait to learn how to can more.

No comments: