Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recipe and weekend of reflection

Well today I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and thought I would share the recipe with all because they are really good.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
12 tbsp butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla mix well. Add dry ingredients, mix. Mix in Chocolate chips bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.

Okay so now to my weekend of reflection. On Saturday I did absolutely nothing. Well I watched 13+ hours of TV. The only productive thing I did was grading some papers and entering grades during some of that TV watching. Last night as I went to bed I was disappointed in myself for wasting the day. If this had been the first time it happened it would have been okay but it wasn't. I have come to realize I am addicted to TV. If I turn it on I have a really hard time turning it off again. It doesn't matter what is on TV I will find something to watch. I have a feeling this is partly because I am hiding from my life and don't want to deal with all the stuff going on but whatever the reason I need to stop it. I have decided that I am going to be canceling Dish Network come January when my contract is up. I need to do more productive things with my time then waste it in front of a television. I also have decided to set some other goals for improving myself in the coming months. I need to be happy with who I am before someone else can be happy and want to spend their life as my husband. So this weekend was good for helping me realize a few things about myself so I guess something came out of me wasting my time. I know some of you really probably could care less but I felt like I needed to share. Have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

Yeah for no TV!! You'd be surprise how much you can find to waste your time though when you don't have TV. I sit and stare at the wall for hours sometimes just thinking about nothing. It is nice to have no TV though.

Sariah English said...

Those cookies sound really good. Jake and I are thinking about getting ride of cable too! Sniff Sniff, I know it is for the best (and the pocket book) But I will sure miss those shows! I am proud of you.

Darren and Tessa said...

Im going to have to try your cookies they sound fantastic. Hang in there Becca you continueing to improve yourself is always a good thing. I sure miss you!

The Riddle Family said...

Sounds like you had a productive weekend after all. You have to realize certain things about yourself before you can change them! Hope you have a better week!

Team Cody said...

It must have been fate that I found your blog because those cookies sound amazing and my girl is in bed and hubby's at work so hey... I'm gonna give them a shot. I do miss all your cooking upstairs! How are things??